RRVAS FALL FAIR PARADE
Saturday August 19, 2017
We encourage the Rainy River District’s best to share in taking part in our Fall Fair. The RRVAS Fall Fair
is a rewarding experience for the people that get involved. It’s a great way to demonstrate community spirit and build
teamwork while giving back value to the community and having a lot of fun in the process!
THEME ~ TBA
is welcome to participate in the parade!
2. There is no cost (entry fee) to enter the parade.
3. Decide on a float design, taking into consideration design appeal, decor, activity,
crowd appeal, etc.
Entries in the parade are divided into categories
for judging purposes. The parade categories are:
Cultural Floats (cultural is defined as a group having a common tradition, racial origin or nationality)
- Municipality Floats
- Non-Profit Floats (non-profit association
is defined as a group/club united together for some special purpose)
Horse Hitches (wagons drawn by heavy horses, 2, 4, 6 or 8)
- Horse/Cart (carts drawn by single horse, any size)
- Mounted Groups (groups of 4-12 riders with
matched outfits, can include buggies)
- Horse/Rider/Costume (horse and rider in themed dress)
- Miscellaneous Horse Entries (horse entries that do not conform to any other specific
Other Types of Entries
- Vintage Vehicles and Vintage Tractors
- Marching Bands
- Child or Adult (single child
or single adult walking or on moving vehicle)
Volunteer judges will review each entry. Awards
will be presented for all categories for first ($20), second ($15) and third ($10) placing for the best entry in its category.
To catch the judge’s eyes, here are a few helpful hints that will make your entry appealing:
• The theme of your entry must be clear
and concise–the more original, the better
• Costumes, sound, special effects, etc., should add to your entry and to its theme
• Sound and music must be clear and easy
Colours should work well together, and the entry should have good proportion, balance and depth.
Parade line-up takes place at 10:30 a.m. Judging is PROMPTLY at 11:00 a.m.
• Parade will start at 12:00 SHARP! Parade route begins in front of the Emo
Hospital, follows Front
Street, turns onto Queen Street, crosses Hwy. 11/71 and ends at the Grandstand.
• All parade participants please join the line-up
by entering on Front Street on the west side of Emo.
• Your Parade Committee volunteer will make sure your entry is directed to the right spot in the line-up.
• Parade Entry Forms will
be given out when you come to the line-up or they can be picked up ahead of time at the Fair office. All parade participant
entry forms will be collected once all participants are lined up. The information you provide with your entry form will be
used by the parade announcer. Make sure the description and special features are informative and colourful.
• Be prepared for Fall Fair weather!
ENJOY and have FUN!